With the release of Minecraft 1.8 closing in fast, we feel the need to release a list of major things that will be disabled and/or enabled having to do with the new update. I'd also like to put the recent widespread rumors of a map reset to rest; there will not be a reset any time soon. Mike, Exloki, and I have no current plans for a reset, and we're still actively working on improving 6th (Reloaded) Gen. Lots of awesome new content will be out soon, including lots of updates to Factions (thanks to drtshock for providing the UUID updates), brand new and only found on Funky; PvP Points, and of course the highly anticipated FunkyAntiCheat. When 1.8 comes out, we'll be using Spigot's protocol hacks until we have all of our plugins prepared for the large changes introduced. Please report any and all bugs that you find!
Things we'll be changing/disabling:
- Disabling sponges having gravity (may be readded)
- Disabling Potion of Leaping (may be readded)
- Disabling endermites (may be readded)
- We're not sure what we'll be doing with enchanting yet
- We'll still be using a plugin to handle world borders
- Disabling the ability to change spawners with mob eggs (added in 1.8)
- And most importantly, removed Herobrine
If you want to view a full changelog of what will be different when playing in Minecraft 1.8, please read this!