Roughly a month ago, Slacks and I purchased Funky. Weeks before the deal went through we played on the server to see what you guys were saying about the server you play on everyday, your likes, dislikes, and what you guys wanted changed. Slacks and I made it our mission to fulfill and restore Funky back to what it once was and what it will always be; an amazing server with an even better player base. Without further ado, I’m proud to announce Funky 1.0.
Funky 1.0 is planned to launch Friday at 3:00 - 4:00pm (Eastern Time) but we will be whitelisting the server Wednesday (To clarify whitelist, the server will only be able to be joined by staff until Friday on opening day, at that time and only at that time will you guys be able to join the server) . It was with much debate that we had decided to call Funky’s new update 1.0 because it is going to be a new start for us all. We have also decided that we would go back to 1.7 for better PVP experience and better cannoning and overall just a more enjoyable playing environment . For those who are on 1.8 Clients and don’t know how to go to 1.7 don’t worry, you’ll be able to join too you just won’t be able to use 1.8 blocks. With the map reset, we have also made the decision to remove Dynmap. Not only did we remove things that you guys all said you didn’t like but we have also added, and fixed a lot of bugs which I will go more in detail about below. With the update you will see a lot of new players coming back to Funky, most of those who are not on Funky have decided to quit until the server resets.
With the previous spawn and other builds on 9th Gen, we found that it was far to big and there was only one way you guys were able to walk out of spawn. We wanted to guarantee that 1.0 would be one of the best resets yet. So what exactly did we change?
We changed: Spawn, Donor Shop, Shop, Drop Party Room, Staff Room, and the PVP Arena
What exactly is being reset?
With 1.0 and most updates, yes everyone has been reset. What exactly was reset you ask?
- Wilderness, Nether, End map.
- Your inventorys
- Funky Token balance
- New worlds, including nether end and the main world.
- New spawn build, Shop, Donor shop, Drop Party room, PVP Arenas
- New token shop, same commands just a nicer layout.
- A load of bugs have been fixed with the plugins, we have also fixed the glitch where you can fall through blocks to raid bases.
- New trading system, you will no longer need a staff to middle man a trade
- New arrows with custom effects on them!
- Crates! I am currently working on getting 3 more crates but for now we have a vote crate!
- Loot crate, this will drop a crate 4 times a day randomly at a location, with a wide range of different items in them.
- We’ve added a Minesweeper mini game to help kill some time when you get bored of raiding, pvping, or making your base.
For those who are reading this, I’d like to take the time to say that the reason you haven’t seen Slacks and I much on the server recently is because we have been pouring countless hours into this update and I firmly believe that this will be one of the best resets to date.